For our development team in BERLIN we are now looking for a
Android Developer (m/f), full-time
You are a software engineer who loves to create mobile applications but is also interested in web technologies and helping to define APIs. You have a few projects under your belt and are eager to get
to work on the leading information and education apps of tomorrow. If that sounds like you, then you’ve come to the right place!
The team is dedicated to understanding our users and making innovative applications that tailor our content to whatever device they have to hand.
- You will develop new functionality and provide maintenance for our existing Java based Android applications.
- You will be responsible for the Android version of our upcoming entwickler.kiosk app and assist the team creating the API and backend applications.
- You are flexible and are willing to learn other technologies used by the team – the MEAN stack for example.
- You use all the techniques available to you to ensure that your production code is of the highest quality.
- You hold a Degree in computer science /informatics or equivalent relevant experience
- + 1 years of experience in Android development
- You are a competent Java developer with strong OOP skills, but are first and foremost an Android developer and know your way around Android Studio and Gradle.
- You have experience working with (and maybe developing) RESTful APIs.
- You work well in a small team and always try your hardest to ensure consistency of approach between our native iOS, native Android and Angular apps.
- You are a fluent English speaker.
What we offer you
Seminars, conferences and self-help books: We’ll support you with all the individual development you need to be a highly skilled developer. We’ll also put you in touch with a wide network of experts, giving you the chance to exchange tips and develop your skill set. Naturally, this all comes hand in hand with flat hierarchies, a friendly working environment and a permanent contract. If you need help getting a work permit, we’re happy to help.
Sounds like your kind of job? Then we look forward to receiving your application or a link to your online profile. Please send your applications to (firstname.lastname@example.org) and be sure to include some work samples (with a short project overview and some information about your own role and the technologies/features used, as well as a link to reference apps, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to getting to know you!