For our development team in BERLIN we are now looking for a
Backend Developer (m/f), full-time
You are a software engineer with a strong web skill set. You have created a number of backend solutions. You have a few projects under your belt and are eager to get to work on the leading information and education apps of tomorrow. If that sounds like you, then you’ve come to the right place!
The team is dedicated to understanding our users and making innovative applications that tailor our content to whatever device they have to hand.
- You will help us transition to a micro service / API-first backend application architecture.
- You will have responsibility for Backend and Ops for the new unified backend for our upcoming entwickler.kiosk web app and native mobile apps.
- You will create new functionality for existing applications, which will include basic Angular development.
- You will take care of ops for our existing applications running in Docker containers on AWS Elastic Beanstalk (NodeJS, Python) and mLab (MongoDB).
- You create scalable and secure backends that are fully under test and easy to deploy.
- You use the right technology to get-the- job-done, and relish using technologies that you haven’t tried before.
- And finally you use all the techniques available to you to ensure that your production code is of the highest quality.
- You hold a Degree in computer science / informatics or equivalent relevant experience
- + 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year spent on backend / API development
- You are a fluent English speaker.
What we offer you
Seminars, conferences and self-help books: We’ll support you with all the individual development you need to be a highly skilled developer. We’ll also put you in touch with a wide network of experts, giving you the chance to exchange tips and develop your skill set. Naturally, this all comes hand in hand with flat hierarchies, a friendly working environment and a permanent contract. If you need help getting a work permit, we’re happy to help. Sounds like your kind of job? Then we look forward to receiving your application or a link to your online profile. Please send your applications to (email@example.com) and be sure to include some work samples (with a short project overview and some information about your own role and the technologies/features used, as well as a link to reference apps, your desired salary and your earliest possible starting date. We look forward to getting to know you!