We are hiring a
Computer Scientist or Software Engineer (f/m)
Application and Service Development in the domain of Geo-Spatial Data Processing .
Brockmann Consult GmbH is developing various applications for the analysis and exploitation of environmental remote sensing data. Our customers are national and international organisations, including, for example, the European Space Agency. We offer software solutions, services as well as processed satellite data and products. Our developed applications range from desktop imaging software, through geophysical product retrieval chains, to the development of massive parallel processing systems based on Apache Hadoop. We develop software in small, agile teams using up-to-date software development and build tools. The majority of our applications are written in Java, but we also make use of Python and C/C++.
Brockmann Consult GmbH offers an attractive job in a company which prides itself on its customer satisfaction and attaches great importance to having an enjoyable and positive working environment. The applicant’s openness, imagination, thirst for knowledge and pleasure working in agile teamwork are of highest value to us. An interest and understanding of natural scientific and mathematical subjects and an ability to create quality applications as well as technical documentation is an important prerequisite.
Your ability to work in a small and motivated team is seen as being very important. You will work in close cooperation with national and international scientists and you should have an eagerness to learn new subjects and to find elegant solutions to complex questions.
The candidates should have
- excellent programming skills, with a good knowledge of either Java or Python or both;
- academic degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Natural/Geosciences, Mathematics, Physics or similar;
- good written and spoken German and English;
- interest in software architectures and agile software development;
- interest in image analysis, algorithm development, distributed computing, web services.
- a flat hierarchy and short lines of communication;
- working in cooperative, self-organising teams;
- an enjoyable and positive working environment;
- exciting intellectual and technical challenges;
- continuous personal development and education;
- use of latest technologies and tools;
- flexible organisation of working time;
- a permanent contract;
- annual gratification based on company performance;
- company pension scheme.